It’s been such a long long time I’ve shared my DIY stuff here. And I’m a crazy DIY person.
I love experimenting so much, it will make you wanto scream, “Leandra , that’s enough, and when you see a good result you’ll be like ‘ you did it’.”
ok enough of me blabbering. Since it is the horrifying summers here. I simply cannot bear this 30°C or more temperature. It makes me so sweaty, grimy, greasy and annoyed.
So, good news, I kinda have a few face mists you could try and make for yourself . And I assure you , you’ll love them. All of them are very easy to make and the key ingredient will be peppermint essential oil. Why, of course, it is summer , so we need that cooling mintyness .
1. Rosey-Minty mist.
All you need is like half a cup of rose water, 5-8 drops of peppermint essential oil . Caution not more, less would be better, first try 5 drops and see if your skin can tolerate it.
It does make your skin feel all sorts of nice tingly, though if you have sensitive skin, try it on your hand first and check if you can take it .
Just two ingredients here, mix it when in a spray dispenser bottle , and you’re good to go.
It feels refreshing , trust me, this is my summer fav.
2. Green minty tea.
Here we need a cup of green tea cooled down , 5-8 drops of peppermint essential oil. Mix it well, shake it up, store and use in a spray dispenser bottle.
Green tea works as an amazing anti-oxidant and is proved to help acne prone skin . It helps making your skin appear brighter and glowy and kinda acne free ( when your not hit by your period storms ).
So this will work as an acne cure as well make you feel fresh for summers.
3. Mint-aloe misty-fun
here we need , half cup water or rose water, 5-8 drops of peppermint and 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel.
Aloe vera is like the most miraculous skin healer. It can help with reducing acne, the marks, blemishes, discoloration or even hydrating and moisturizing. Hell! it even helps cure burns. It sure takes time , but does give promising results.
Okay now where were we, yaaasss, let’s make the mintaloe mix and store it well in a spray dispenser.
More tips :
Just shake it to make it. Store in refrigerator if you want it nice and cold or room temperature would do.
Shelf life : 1-2 months. Depends and how well you store. Don’t keep it in direct sunlight, we don’t want to cook it up into something else. Make it in lil quantity and finish it off early.
DIY face ( makeup )cleansers :
1. cotton ball dipped in milk and honey mix .
2. cotton ball soaked with the goodness of pure coconut oil/ olive oil.
3. cotton ball soaked in equal parts of Apple cider vinegar and water ( dont use it near or on your eye area, simply because its acidic, and that skin is highly sensitive.)
4. Cotton ball dipped in aloe and milk mix.
Face scrub/pack :
1. oats soaked partially in milk , enough to make a soothing scrub.
2. green tea powder after brewing the tea. You can use what you thought was waste to oxidize your skin and add a glow instantly. Either as a scrub if it’s in powder form or make a paste if its organic meaning there are tea leaves and use it as a face pack.
Taaaddaaaaahhh dearies and I’m done…
Hopefully that was helpful.
Thank you. Do share your DIY face tips with me.