If you recall some of Jesus’s last words on the cross,
1. “My God, my God , why have you forsaken me?”
Mathew 27:46 & Mark 15:34
2. Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” Luke 23:34
3.”Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” Luke 23:46
4.”I am thirsty.” John 19:28
5.”It is finished.” John John 19:30
Let’s reflect on the above scriptures.
1. Jesus knowing that the crucifixion was the last part of the journey in the plan of salvation, felt betrayed? Felt alone? Even when He is God (the Mystery of the Holy Trinity). Understand this, we will have our moments of weaknesses, even when we know God is with us, this journey is pre-planned. We will hit rock bottom sometimes, but it’s not the end, the pain could be excruciating & overwhelming. Don’t lose your faith.
2. He forgave everyone who betrayed him, who forsook him, who planned he’s execution. He forgave us even when we weren’t born, our sins against our Lord. He interceded for us in he’s last, such was/is his love for us.
3. The best lesson – total absolute surrender. The Lord of all surrendered to His Lordship- His Father, the Almighty.
4. Thirst for the life after – for the joining in celebration in Heaven, re-uniting with the Father.
5. Victory in the most tragic moment. He fulfilled the plan.
Stay close to the Lord. He makes all things beautiful.
You, life & your journey.